Commercial Real Estate
“The team are approachable and reliable”
Legal 500 2020
We work closely with our clients and their advisors to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of today’s evolving commercial real estate market.
Our experience in your sectors gives us a crucial insight into how you work, the markets in which you operate and what you want to achieve.
We advise on billions of pounds of transactions every year, acting for property landlords, developers, occupiers and investors (based in the UK and internationally) across a broad range of sectors including:
- Hotels & leisure – Our hotel development and investment projects involve major hotel chains as well as boutique operators. Our experience also covers holiday parks, multi-screen cinemas, nightclubs and restaurants
- Offices – We advise landlords and tenants on the development, investment and lettings of offices including “trophy” headquarter buildings with a focus on London’s City and West End markets.
- Retail – We advise on the development, sale, purchase, investment, letting and management of large shopping centres, retail units in urban centres and other retail schemes all over the UK
- Landed estates – We are renowned for our work for landed estates and have advised on significant investment, development and strategic projects for some of the largest landed estates in the country. Our clients include the Bedford Estates, the Calthorpe Estates and the Howard de Walden Estate
- Industrial – Our lawyers are experts in developments and investments associated with distribution centres, industrial parks, data centres and production outlets
- Residential – We advise on the sale and purchase of prime central London properties and high value rural properties and estates for a mix of UK and international clients. We also advise on high-value residential developments around the UK, including so-called alternative residential asset classes such as senior living or purpose built student accommodation
- The acquisition and redevelopment of Harcourt House, London W1, a mixed residential and commercial scheme on behalf of a private investor
- Acting for a Far Eastern owner/operator on its acquisition and demolition of a central London office block and subsequent development of a 275 room hotel
- The acquisition and development of The Berners Hotel, W1 for comprehensive redesign and redevelopment into the London EDITION and its subsequent sale to ADIA
- The acquisition, redevelopment, reletting and sale by corporate disposal of 8 Fenchurch Place in the City for PMB Holdings and AREA
- Development of a grade II listed Art Deco building in Mayfair into The Beaumont Hotel, a luxury, boutique hotel featuring a unique habitable sculpture by Antony Gormley and its subsequent sale
- Acquisitions programme for the Mayfair and Belgravia portfolio totalling over £100 million
- Sale of 15 luxury apartments in a 60,000 sq ft grade II* listed building, one of London’s most prominent residential property projects.
“Recommended for their resources and knowledge”
Legal 500 2020
“They act as a partner, not just a service provider”
Chambers UK 2020
When the Commercial Rent (Coronavirus) Act (CRCA) 2022 came into force, it was hailed as a solution to the slew of commercial rent arrears issues brought about by the pandemic. One year since the act’s introduction, its use appears underwhelming on paper. Partner, Colin Young explains all in Property Week.Read more 3 min read 24 Apr 2023 Boodle Hatfield promotes Real Estate Lawyer, David Rawlence to Partner
Leading private wealth law firm Boodle Hatfield, has promoted David Rawlence to Partner, with effect from 1 May 2023. David qualified as a real estate lawyer at Boodle Hatfield in 2016, having trained at the firm. He has built a significant reputation as a go to adviser for real estate acquisitions, disposals, financing and development as well as landlord and tenant work.Read more 3 min read 24 Apr 2023 Boodle Hatfield promotes four lawyers to Senior Associate
The promotions are indicative of the firm’s continued investment in future talent and growth of its well-regarded Corporate, Private Client and Tax, Real Estate and Family teams. The newly promoted Senior Associates are; Fred Clark (Corporate); Katherine Worrall (Real Estate); Katie Male (Family); and Michael Duffy (Private Client & Tax).Read more 2 min read 21 Mar 2023 Boodle Hatfield Property Insights – March edition
In our Property Insights newsletter, the Real Estate team shine a spotlight on new legal developments and offer some insights on issues that are currently shaping the property market.Read more