Commercial Real Estate
“The team are approachable and reliable”
Legal 500 2020
We work closely with our clients and their advisors to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of today’s evolving commercial real estate market.
Our experience in your sectors gives us a crucial insight into how you work, the markets in which you operate and what you want to achieve.
We advise on billions of pounds of transactions every year, acting for property landlords, developers, occupiers and investors (based in the UK and internationally) across a broad range of sectors including:
- Hotels & leisure – Our hotel development and investment projects involve major hotel chains as well as boutique operators. Our experience also covers holiday parks, multi-screen cinemas, nightclubs and restaurants
- Offices – We advise landlords and tenants on the development, investment and lettings of offices including “trophy” headquarter buildings with a focus on London’s City and West End markets.
- Retail – We advise on the development, sale, purchase, investment, letting and management of large shopping centres, retail units in urban centres and other retail schemes all over the UK
- Landed estates – We are renowned for our work for landed estates and have advised on significant investment, development and strategic projects for some of the largest landed estates in the country. Our clients include the Bedford Estates, the Calthorpe Estates and the Howard de Walden Estate
- Industrial – Our lawyers are experts in developments and investments associated with distribution centres, industrial parks, data centres and production outlets
- Residential – We advise on the sale and purchase of prime central London properties and high value rural properties and estates for a mix of UK and international clients. We also advise on high-value residential developments around the UK, including so-called alternative residential asset classes such as senior living or purpose built student accommodation
- The acquisition and redevelopment of Harcourt House, London W1, a mixed residential and commercial scheme on behalf of a private investor
- Acting for a Far Eastern owner/operator on its acquisition and demolition of a central London office block and subsequent development of a 275 room hotel
- The acquisition and development of The Berners Hotel, W1 for comprehensive redesign and redevelopment into the London EDITION and its subsequent sale to ADIA
- The acquisition, redevelopment, reletting and sale by corporate disposal of 8 Fenchurch Place in the City for PMB Holdings and AREA
- Development of a grade II listed Art Deco building in Mayfair into The Beaumont Hotel, a luxury, boutique hotel featuring a unique habitable sculpture by Antony Gormley and its subsequent sale
- Acquisitions programme for the Mayfair and Belgravia portfolio totalling over £100 million
- Sale of 15 luxury apartments in a 60,000 sq ft grade II* listed building, one of London’s most prominent residential property projects.
“Recommended for their resources and knowledge”
Legal 500 2020
“They act as a partner, not just a service provider”
Chambers UK 2020
Boodle Hatfield’s ‘highly respected’ ‘standout’ Private Wealth team have been elevated to tier one in the ‘Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate’ category of the 2023 guide. The firm is also delighted to report that as well as being uplifted, it has retained its top tier status in six other categories, affirming its position as one of London’s leading law firms.Read more 5 min read 01 Aug 2022 82% of FTSE 100 companies now aim for ‘Net Zero’ emissions by 2050
Senior Associate, Sophie Henwood and Associate, Katherine Worrall reflect on how ‘Net Zero’ ambitions are creating substantial demand for ever more carbon efficient commercial property and providing opportunities for commercial landlords and developers.Read more 3 min read 08 Jun 2022 Herrick Does That: Capital Investment in Hospitality in a Post-Covid World
Corporate and Commercial Partner, Rahul Thakrar is welcomed on to the ‘Herrick Does That’ podcast for an international conversation on Capital Investment in Hospitality in a Post-Covid World.Read more 4 min read 17 May 2022 Approvals for office to residential conversions jump by a quarter to 1,180 in the past year
In a recent article in CoStar, Real Estate Partner, Andrew Wilmot-Smith reflects on the increase in number of applications granted to convert offices into residential buildings.Read more