Commercial Real Estate
“The team are approachable and reliable”
Legal 500 2020
We work closely with our clients and their advisors to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities of today’s evolving commercial real estate market.
Our experience in your sectors gives us a crucial insight into how you work, the markets in which you operate and what you want to achieve.
We advise on billions of pounds of transactions every year, acting for property landlords, developers, occupiers and investors (based in the UK and internationally) across a broad range of sectors including:
- Hotels & leisure – Our hotel development and investment projects involve major hotel chains as well as boutique operators. Our experience also covers holiday parks, multi-screen cinemas, nightclubs and restaurants
- Offices – We advise landlords and tenants on the development, investment and lettings of offices including “trophy” headquarter buildings with a focus on London’s City and West End markets.
- Retail – We advise on the development, sale, purchase, investment, letting and management of large shopping centres, retail units in urban centres and other retail schemes all over the UK
- Landed estates – We are renowned for our work for landed estates and have advised on significant investment, development and strategic projects for some of the largest landed estates in the country. Our clients include the Bedford Estates, the Calthorpe Estates, the Grosvenor Estate and the Howard de Walden Estate
- Industrial – Our lawyers are experts in developments and investments associated with distribution centres, industrial parks, data centres and production outlets
- Residential – We advise on the sale and purchase of prime central London properties and high value rural properties and estates for a mix of UK and international clients. We also advise on high-value residential developments around the UK, including so-called alternative residential asset classes such as senior living or purpose built student accommodation
- The acquisition and redevelopment of Harcourt House, London W1, a mixed residential and commercial scheme on behalf of a private investor
- Acting for a Far Eastern owner/operator on its acquisition and demolition of a central London office block and subsequent development of a 275 room hotel
- The acquisition and development of The Berners Hotel, W1 for comprehensive redesign and redevelopment into the London EDITION and its subsequent sale to ADIA
- The acquisition, redevelopment, reletting and sale by corporate disposal of 8 Fenchurch Place in the City for PMB Holdings and AREA
- Development of a grade II listed Art Deco building in Mayfair into The Beaumont Hotel, a luxury, boutique hotel featuring a unique habitable sculpture by Antony Gormley and its subsequent sale
- Acquisitions programme for the Mayfair and Belgravia portfolio totalling over £100 million
- Sale of 15 luxury apartments in a 60,000 sq ft grade II* listed building, one of London’s most prominent residential property projects.
“Recommended for their resources and knowledge”
Legal 500 2020
“They act as a partner, not just a service provider”
Chambers UK 2020
In order to protect commercial tenants against debt recovery actions during the Coronavirus pandemic…Read more 4 min read 16 Feb 2021 Retail planning applications plummet 22% in a year
Planning applications for new shops have fallen by 22% across England* from 3,908 to 3,037, partly due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, says Boodle Hatfield, the leading private wealth law firm.Read more 7 min read 12 Feb 2021 The Future Built Environment – What will our future cities look like and what issues do we need to consider now?
The pandemic has been a particularly testing time for most business, but the one sector that has thrived in these difficult times is the technology sector. It is not just the Amazons and Telsas’ of this world but the nascent unmanned aircraft system (UAS) (or drones) which have been soaring.Read more 3 min read 15 Jan 2021 Can Turnover Rents Save Bricks and Mortar Retail?
In a recent article in CoStar, Commercial Real Estate Senior Associate, Jane Reyersbach, looks at whether turnover rents could save the high street, following the impact of the pandemic on the sector.Read more