“Leaders in their field of residential property law”
Chambers HNW 2021
Our personable partner-led team coupled with our trusted network of buying agents, private bankers and independent property professionals, makes Boodle Hatfield the perfect partner for UK or overseas individuals or investors looking to invest in, finance, develop or manage prime UK residential real estate.
The team is rated Band 1 in Chambers HNW 2020 and Legal 500 2021.
Our clients include UK and international individuals, companies, executors, trustees and private banks. We ensure that clients’ wider strategic aims are addressed by developing enduring relationships and by collaborating closely with the wider Boodle Hatfield property, tax, financing and private wealth teams.
We provide advice on all matters including the purchase of new homes, investment in residential property portfolios, off plan development projects, financing purchases and refinancing existing investments.
Our two fluent Arabic speaking residential property partners make us the leading London-based firm advising Middle Eastern clients on residential transactions.
How we help
- Sale and purchase of prime London and country properties, country estates – whether leasehold or freehold property – including heritage properties and off-plan or new builds
- Investment in agricultural land and farms
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases including collective claims by tenants
- Financing and restructuring purchases, developments and investments
- Bespoke construction advice on property renovations and refurbishments including listed building projects
- Minerals, renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Social housing aspects of residential developments
- Planning agreements
- Residential property portfolio management advice
- Bespoke property tax advice
Please see here for further details and information on our residential conveyancing fees.
“Experts in enfranchisement, complex residential and commercial deal structuring”
Chambers HNW 2021
“I am impressed by their personal approach; the honest, long-term advice and the speed that they come back to me”
Legal 500 2021
In a recent article in the Tax Journal, Private Wealth Partner, Sue Laing highlights some key takeaways from the recent tax updates.Read more 6 min read 23 Aug 2021 Residential possession: the Covid aftermath
Andrew Hindle sets out the current position in England on residential possession proceedings.Read more 2 min read 10 Aug 2021 The Lions have landed…
This summer, Boodle Hatfield are thrilled to be supporting the Tusk Trust for The Tusk Lion Trail 2021- a global celebration of African lions and the people who live alongside them through exceptional art.Read more 8 min read 01 Aug 2021 How clean should your house be when handing it over to a buyer?
Moving house is said to be one of the most stressful life events. In The Sunday Times, Partner and Head of Residential Property, Saskia Arthur adds to the equation and highlights how sellers are under no legal obligation to leave a house in a clean state.Read more