“Leaders in their field of residential property law”
Chambers HNW 2021
Our personable partner-led team coupled with our trusted network of buying agents, private bankers and independent property professionals, makes Boodle Hatfield the perfect partner for UK or overseas individuals or investors looking to invest in, finance, develop or manage prime UK residential real estate.
The team is rated Band 1 in Chambers HNW 2022 and Legal 500 2021.
Our clients include UK and international individuals, companies, executors, trustees and private banks. We ensure that clients’ wider strategic aims are addressed by developing enduring relationships and by collaborating closely with the wider Boodle Hatfield property, tax, financing and private wealth teams.
We provide advice on all matters including the purchase of new homes, investment in residential property portfolios, off plan development projects, financing purchases and refinancing existing investments.
How we help
- Sale and purchase of prime London and country properties, country estates – whether leasehold or freehold property – including heritage properties and off-plan or new builds
- Investment in agricultural land and farms
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases including collective claims by tenants
- Financing and restructuring purchases, developments and investments
- Bespoke construction advice on property renovations and refurbishments including listed building projects
- Minerals, renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Social housing aspects of residential developments
- Planning agreements
- Residential property portfolio management advice
- Bespoke property tax advice
Please see here for further details and information on our residential conveyancing fees.
“They are problem solvers. They don’t do conveyancing, they conduct conveyancing and do so like a musician in an orchestra”
Legal 500 2023
“The team is always very responsive and deliver exceptional customer service. Experts at handling complex property transactions”
Chambers HNW 2022
In our Property Insights newsletter, the Real Estate team shine a spotlight on new legal developments and offer some insights on issues that are currently shaping the property market.Read more 3 min read 08 Mar 2023 International Women’s Day 2023
To mark IWD 2023, we spoke to a handful of staff and Partners from across the business to reflect on their experiences in the industry and how, together, we can forge an equitable and inclusive world.Read more 4 min read 22 Feb 2023 Leasehold Reform: change is on the horizon in 2023
As the government prepares to untangle England’s ancient property laws, in PrimeResi, Simon Kerrigan explains the background to the “once-in-a-generation” reforms, and the potential implications for landlords.
Read more 5 min read 09 Feb 2023 Is change finally afoot for residential landlords in 2023?
In Estates Gazette, Partner, Simon Kerrigan considers the state of play when it comes to residential leasehold reform.Read more