“Leaders in their field of residential property law”
Chambers HNW 2021
Our personable partner-led team coupled with our trusted network of buying agents, private bankers and independent property professionals, makes Boodle Hatfield the perfect partner for UK or overseas individuals or investors looking to invest in, finance, develop or manage prime UK residential real estate.
The team is rated Band 1 in Chambers HNW 2022 and Legal 500 2021.
Our clients include UK and international individuals, companies, executors, trustees and private banks. We ensure that clients’ wider strategic aims are addressed by developing enduring relationships and by collaborating closely with the wider Boodle Hatfield property, tax, financing and private wealth teams.
We provide advice on all matters including the purchase of new homes, investment in residential property portfolios, off plan development projects, financing purchases and refinancing existing investments.
How we help
- Sale and purchase of prime London and country properties, country estates – whether leasehold or freehold property – including heritage properties and off-plan or new builds
- Investment in agricultural land and farms
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases including collective claims by tenants
- Financing and restructuring purchases, developments and investments
- Bespoke construction advice on property renovations and refurbishments including listed building projects
- Minerals, renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Social housing aspects of residential developments
- Planning agreements
- Residential property portfolio management advice
- Bespoke property tax advice
Please see here for further details and information on our residential conveyancing fees.
“The team is always very responsive and deliver exceptional customer service. Experts at handling complex property transactions”
Chambers HNW 2022
“Experts in enfranchisement, complex residential and commercial deal structuring”
Chambers HNW 2021
Boodle Hatfield’s ‘highly respected’ ‘standout’ Private Wealth team have been elevated to tier one in the ‘Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate’ category of the 2023 guide. The firm is also delighted to report that as well as being uplifted, it has retained its top tier status in six other categories, affirming its position as one of London’s leading law firms.Read more 3 min read 23 Sep 2022 The taxation of UK residential property: What has changed today?
Earlier today, the recently appointed Chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng announced changes to the stamp duty land tax (‘SDLT’) payable in England and Wales on residential property as part of his statement on the governments new Growth Plan. Senior Partner, Sara Maccallum outlines the changes.
Read more 2 min read 09 Aug 2022 Savills Summer Showcase in partnership with Boodle Hatfield and Barclays
We are delighted to be partnering with Savills for their Summer Showcase on 9th – 11th August at The Carlton Tower Jumeirah, London.Read more 3 min read 03 May 2022 The Lawyer Awards 2022 shortlist Boodle Hatfield in the ‘Law Firm of the Year: The Independents’ category
Boodle Hatfields’ industry-leading expertise has been recognised in The Lawyers’ prestigious awards that celebrates excellence across the legal industry.Read more