“They are the best of the best and always do a good job”
Chambers HNW 2020
Our personable partner-led team coupled with our trusted network of buying agents, private bankers and independent property professionals, makes Boodle Hatfield the perfect partner for UK or overseas individuals or investors looking to invest in, finance, develop or manage prime UK residential real estate.
The team is rated Band 1 in Chambers HNW 2020 and Legal 500 2021.
Our clients include UK and international individuals, companies, executors, trustees and private banks. We ensure that clients’ wider strategic aims are addressed by developing enduring relationships and by collaborating closely with the wider Boodle Hatfield property, tax, financing and private wealth teams.
We provide advice on all matters including the purchase of new homes, investment in residential property portfolios, off plan development projects, financing purchases and refinancing existing investments.
Our two fluent Arabic speaking residential property partners make us the leading London-based firm advising Middle Eastern clients on residential transactions.
How we help
- Sale and purchase of prime London and country properties, country estates – whether leasehold or freehold property – including heritage properties and off-plan or new builds
- Investment in agricultural land and farms
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases including collective claims by tenants
- Financing and restructuring purchases, developments and investments
- Bespoke construction advice on property renovations and refurbishments including listed building projects
- Minerals, renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Social housing aspects of residential developments
- Planning agreements
- Residential property portfolio management advice
- Bespoke property tax advice
Please see here for further details and information on our residential conveyancing fees.
“I am impressed by their personal approach; the honest, long-term advice and the speed that they come back to me”
Legal 500 2021
“A 'market-leader in the field of residential property”
Legal 500 2020
Today Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced his plan for the second phase of the UK’s economic response to the Covid-19 pandemic.Read more 6 min read 07 Aug 2020 Septic tanks: new general binding rules
The new rules on septic tanks have been little publicised, but could impact on the sale price of rural property, suggests Alice Jenkins.Read more 3 min read 21 Dec 2020 Increasing number of applications to convert unused retail space into homes are being rejected
The number of rejected planning applications to convert retail property into residential space increased by 35% last year, says Boodle Hatfield, the leading private wealth law firm.Read more 2 min read 16 Dec 2020 Boodle Hatfield act on sale of Medical Centre at 19A Cavendish Square
Boodle Hatfield LLP acted on the sale of the Medical Centre at 19A Cavendish Square to Medical Property Trust for £50 million.Read more