“Leaders in their field of residential property law”
Chambers HNW 2021
Our personable partner-led team coupled with our trusted network of buying agents, private bankers and independent property professionals, makes Boodle Hatfield the perfect partner for UK or overseas individuals or investors looking to invest in, finance, develop or manage prime UK residential real estate.
The team is rated Band 1 in Chambers HNW 2022 and Legal 500 2021.
Our clients include UK and international individuals, companies, executors, trustees and private banks. We ensure that clients’ wider strategic aims are addressed by developing enduring relationships and by collaborating closely with the wider Boodle Hatfield property, tax, financing and private wealth teams.
We provide advice on all matters including the purchase of new homes, investment in residential property portfolios, off plan development projects, financing purchases and refinancing existing investments.
How we help
- Sale and purchase of prime London and country properties, country estates – whether leasehold or freehold property – including heritage properties and off-plan or new builds
- Investment in agricultural land and farms
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases including collective claims by tenants
- Financing and restructuring purchases, developments and investments
- Bespoke construction advice on property renovations and refurbishments including listed building projects
- Minerals, renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Social housing aspects of residential developments
- Planning agreements
- Residential property portfolio management advice
- Bespoke property tax advice
Please see here for further details and information on our residential conveyancing fees.
“They are problem solvers. They don’t do conveyancing, they conduct conveyancing and do so like a musician in an orchestra”
Legal 500 2023
“[An] agile team with a broad range of experience and levels of seniority who can adapt to advise on small, large, simple or complex cases as the need arises”
Chambers HNW 2023
Next week, Real Estate Partner, Simon Kerrigan, will be joining a distinguished panel of experts to explore the luxury property industry’s trajectory for the upcoming year.Read more 6 min read 02 Jan 2024 Leasehold reform: the options on the table
Partner, Simon Kerrigan and Senior Associate, Kate Symons round up on the developments in residential property law.Read more 10 min read 06 Dec 2023 Consultation for reform of residential ground rents
Partner, Simon Kerrigan and Senior Associate, Kate Symons outline the options within the ‘Modern leasehold: restricting ground rents for existing leases’ consultation and the potential impact for both freeholders and tenants.Read more 2 min read 04 Dec 2023 Boodle Hatfield Property Insights – Autumn/Winter edition
In our latest digest, our team of experts shine a spotlight some of new legal developments and offer some insights on issues that are currently shaping the property market.Read more