“Superb breadth of experience; always a pleasure to work with. Peerless in their field”
Legal 500 2021
Our highly experienced disputes lawyers have an absolute focus on resolving disputes and mitigating risk in the best way for each of our clients.
By getting to the heart of matters as quickly as possible and understanding our clients’ objectives, we are able to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our clients range from international businesses, property companies, trustees and fiduciaries to high net worth individuals and family offices.
We advise clients on all manner of problems including:
- Business disputes
- Property litigation, including enfranchisement claims and construction disputes
- Tax, trusts and contentious trust and probate disputes
- Arts litigation
- Divorce and children issues
- Financial disputes
We seek to resolve disputes in the best way possible, always with an eye to mitigating risk and resolving the issues using the most appropriate route, whether through:
- Alternative dispute resolution – Often alternatives such as mediation or alternative dispute resolution lend themselves to more timely and cost-effective solutions than litigation and we propose these options where appropriate
- Using the courts – We have extensive experience using the courts at all levels – County, High, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court – to advance our clients’ aims and have been involved in resolving a number of high profile, multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Arbitration – We are seeing an increase in the use of arbitration in commercial disputes and have experience of cases being determined by arbitration and parties using the arbitration process to reach settlement
- Preventative steps – By highlighting the preventative steps clients can take at an early stage we can help our clients avoid potentially time-consuming litigation in the future.
We are always willing to consider alternative methods of charging, for example capped fees for distinct parcels of work. We embrace discounted conditional fee agreements and third party funding where appropriate and have experience of running cases very successfully on this basis.
Much of our work is international and we are highly skilled at co-ordinating litigation across several countries at a time. We are a member of TAGLaw, an international legal alliance with members in most jurisdictions around the world.
We also have strong relationships with other leading firms around the world who have expertise in specialist areas. We can select the right overseas lawyer for each separate situation whom we are confident will provide the quality of legal advice, cultural understanding and client service that our clients expect from us.
“They're the only team I would personally go to. They're a broad team of excellent people and I respect every single lawyer”
Chambers HNW 2020
“You would want them on your side ”
Legal 500 2021
Immigration barrister, Zoe Jacob has joined Boodle Hatfield from Farrer & Co. Her appointment as a Partner establishes a new immigration practice for the firm, further bolstering its stellar Private Wealth and Corporate offering.Read more 4 min read 14 Dec 2022 Boodle Hatfield wins prestigious STEP International Legal Team of the Year 2022
We are delighted to announce that Boodle Hatfield has been awarded ‘International Legal Team of the Year (midsize firm)’ at the annual Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Awards 2022.Read more 3 min read 29 Sep 2022 Boodle Hatfield’s Private Wealth team uplifted to tier one in Legal 500 UK 2023
Boodle Hatfield’s ‘highly respected’ ‘standout’ Private Wealth team have been elevated to tier one in the ‘Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate’ category of the 2023 guide. The firm is also delighted to report that as well as being uplifted, it has retained its top tier status in six other categories, affirming its position as one of London’s leading law firms.Read more 2 min read 24 Aug 2022 James Woods-Davison speaks at the ThoughtLeaders4 & ContTrA event on ‘Investment & ESG’
Senior Associate, James Woods-Davison is speaking the at the ThoughtLeaders4 & ConTrA Private Client Summer School: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide, taking place at Downing College, Cambridge on 24th – 26th August 2022.Read more