“Superb breadth of experience; always a pleasure to work with. Peerless in their field”
Legal 500 2021
Our highly experienced disputes lawyers have an absolute focus on resolving disputes and mitigating risk in the best way for each of our clients.
By getting to the heart of matters as quickly as possible and understanding our clients’ objectives, we are able to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our clients range from international businesses, property companies, trustees and fiduciaries to high net worth individuals and family offices.
We advise clients on all manner of of problems including:
- Business disputes
- Property litigation, including enfranchisement claims and construction disputes
- Tax, Trusts and contentious trust and probate disputes
- Arts litigation
- Divorce and children issues
- Financial disputes
We seek to resolve disputes in the best way possible, always with an eye to mitigating risk and resolving the issues using the most appropriate route, whether through:
- Alternative dispute resolution – Often alternatives such as commercial mediation or alternative dispute resolution lend themselves to more timely and cost-effective solutions than litigation and we propose these options where appropriate
- Using the courts – We have extensive experience using the courts at all levels – County, High, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court – to advance our clients’ aims and have been involved in resolving a number of high profile, multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Preventative steps – by highlighting the preventative steps clients can take at an early stage we can help our clients avoid potentially time-consuming litigation in the future.
We are always willing to consider alternative methods of charging, for example capped fees for distinct parcels of work. We embrace discounted conditional fee agreements and third party funding where appropriate and have experience of running cases very successfully on this basis.
Much of our work is international and we are highly skilled at co-ordinating litigation across several countries at a time. We are a member of TAGLaw, an international legal alliance with members in most jurisdictions around the world.
We also have strong relationships with other leading firms around the world who have expertise in specialist areas. We can select the right overseas lawyer for each separate situation whom we are confident will provide the quality of legal advice, cultural understanding and client service that our clients expect from us.
“They're the only team I would personally go to. They're a broad team of excellent people and I respect every single lawyer”
Chambers HNW 2020
“You would want them on your side ”
Legal 500 2021
Over recent years there has been a flurry of investment in cryptocurrency and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). It is estimated that around one fifth of the UK population now own at least one form of digital asset. Private Client & Tax Partner, Hayden Bailey and Associate, Satjivan Aujla outline the legal considerations around these investments in the long run.Read more 2 min read 26 Aug 2021 ThoughtLeaders4 Next Gen Wealth & ConTrA Private Client Summer School: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide
James Woods-Davison is speaking at the ThoughtLeaders4 Next Gen Wealth & ConTrA Private Client Summer School: The Ultimate Insider’s Guide.Read more 9 min read 25 Aug 2021 Why LPAs are a vital part of intergenerational planning
In the FT Adviser, Private Wealth Associate, Satjivan Aujla and Trainee, Annabella King discuss how to integrate LPAs into family wealth preservation.Read more 6 min read 19 Aug 2021 Why should I make a Will?
Making a Will may seem like a daunting prospect; death is not the most jolly subject to think about. However, having a carefully drafted Will in place should give you the peace of mind that you have made appropriate arrangements for the loved ones that you are leaving behind.Read more