“They are efficient, clear-thinking & provide practical solutions”
Legal 500 2021
There is no typical construction project. Each is unique and every client has requirements - and will encounter obstacles - that are also unique. We take our knowledge of construction law and our experience of the current market and apply those skills to create building contracts and professional appointments that provide the optimum balance of risk for our clients.
If you are a developer in the very earliest stages of a project, we will advise on the appropriate procurement route, which contract to choose, building the project team, and formalising those contractual relationships. If you are a building owner looking to sell, we know what purchasers and their lenders will expect from a construction “package”. If the appropriate documents were not put in place during the original build, we can work with you to retrospectively negotiate and agree institutionally acceptable construction documents to facilitate a sale.
We are with our clients at each stage throughout the design and construction of any project, advising on payment and payless notices, dealing with contractual queries and guiding clients through any claims for extensions of time or loss and expense. And of course, if and when differences arise with a contractor or a member of the professional team, we work quickly to resolve them before they become intractable.
- Developers: Acting for a variety of developers, including professional developers, landed estates and ultra-high net worth individuals, on commercial, residential and mixed use schemes, drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments, insurance and security documents, and providing advice on the resolution of disputes.
- Professional Consultants: Advising consultants such as architects, engineers and project managers in relation to the drafting and negotiation of numerous professional appointments, providing advice in relation to claims, disputes and PI coverage.
- Dispute Resolution: Our team has significant experience in High Court litigation relating to construction projects, alternative dispute resolution including mediation, instigating and defending adjudications, and planning appeals.
- Hotel projects: Advising on the refurbishment and development of hotels in the Central London, around the UK, and overseas including a number of well-known brand names.
- High value residential projects: We have particular expertise in supporting international clients entering the London residential property market. Advising on building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and managing the interests of our clients during the construction phase. We also have extensive experience in producing full construction “packages” required by potential funders and purchasers of high value London properties.
- Urban Estates: Advising a number of the most important urban estates in prime central London on a broad range of projects from high value office-to-residential conversions, build to rent, senior living, retail and public realm.
“Their advice is always well grounded and easily understood”
Legal 500 2021
Boodle Hatfields’ industry-leading expertise has been recognised in The Lawyers’ prestigious awards that celebrates excellence across the legal industry.Read more 2 min read 08 Mar 2022 International Women’s Day 2022
Boodle Hatfield are delighted to celebrate the success of women at all levels on International Women’s Day. A handful of females around the firm to share their experiences in the industry.Read more 5 min read 20 Jan 2022 Green leases & getting to net zero by 2050
In CoStar, Senior Associate, Jane Reyersbach reflects on how green leases will be vital in helping the sector with its net-zero ambitions and highlights how landlords can work with tenants to make a green lease work financially and practically for both parties.Read more 3 min read 10 Jan 2022 Boodle Hatfield celebrates a significant 300-year milestone
2022 marks Boodle Hatfield’s 300-year anniversary. To celebrate this significant milestone, the law firm will be rolling out an extensive programme of initiatives to build upon its remarkable heritage throughout the year and beyond.Read more