We have outlined some of these options below:
- Exit the business through a sale. Boodle Hatfield can help with all areas of your sale, including preparing the business for sale, early tax and wealth planning as well as assisting you with the next start-up, property investment or charitable donation. We have been recommended by the Legal 500 for our M&A work since 2014.
- Float the business through an IPO. Our corporate lawyers are well versed in all stages of equity fund raising, and have advised a number of clients through their IPOs. Should you wish to take this step it will be critical to involve us at a very early stage to ensure the business is prepared well in advance for an IPO.
- You may want to retain the business for the next generation. At Boodle Hatfield we regularly work with entrepreneurs who turn their business into a family business and leverage our strong family business expertise to ensure you are well prepared to take this pivotal step.
The considerations for an entrepreneur on exit can feel considerable. Getting advice early, even before the business has matured will ensure you are able to approach this milestone confident that you are well-prepared for the next stage of the businesses life-cycle.
Whatever your ultimate goal, exiting a business is a momentous event in any entrepreneur’s life. Whatever the strategy, planning is key to a successful outcome. Over many years we have advised entrepreneurs in preparing for a successful exit, helping them to maximise value, to manage the risks and to deliver the deal.
We can help you with:
- Negotiating and running the sale
- Appointing M&A advisers
- Entrepreneurs’ relief and other tax reliefs
- Protecting your wealth through trusts and estate planning
- Navigating the transfer of the businesses’ offices and other premises
Recent exits the team have worked on include:
- Disposal of fin-tech company to a well-known blockchain firm for consideration in excess of £100m
- Selling trampoline park operator GoJumpin Ltd, a company the firm had worked for since incorporation
- Multi-million pound sale of a fast growing recycling business
- Disposal of a group of London based private schools
- Sale of medical publishing business to multinational publishing house
- Sale of series of Harley Street medical practices to listed consolidator
“Collegiate and commercially minded team.”
Legal 500 UK
Our market leading experts are on hand to guide you through all stages of the business lifecycle on everything from to establishing to protecting a business.