Hugo is an enthusiastic adviser to entrepreneurs and their businesses and provides clients with practical commercial advice.
His clients range from fast growing start-ups in the storage and technology sectors to established businesses and funds.
Hugo’s experience includes:
- Advising a client on a highly negotiated separation from his long-standing business partner;
- Advising various clients on the purchase and sale of large residential properties held in corporate wrappers;
- Providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice to an online clothing business;
- Assisting with the sale of a significant recruitment business;
- Advising a range of clients on their financing arrangements, acting for lenders and borrowers, in particular in the hotels market;
- Advising on the establishment of property and other investment funds; and
- Preparation and establishment of a farming partnership for a landed estate.
Hugo previously ran a baking website that reached over two million people in his final year at university. He remains a keen supporter of those developing websites and building start-ups.
Education & Qualification
University of Durham
Qualified as a solicitor in 2020 and trained with Boodle Hatfield
Recommended by Hugo
Boodle Hatfield has advised online fractional ownership collectibles marketplace Showpiece.com, on the sale of shares in Banksy’s iconic Valentine’s Day Mascara mural in Margate, which has been valued at £6 million.Read more 4 min read 04 Sep 2023 Family businesses and turbulent economies – building on strengths
In turbulent economic times family-run businesses have shown their ability to often cope with economic ups and downs relatively well. In Family Business United, Senior Associate, Charlie Hewlett looks at the reasons behind the intrinsic resilience of family businesses and highlights the practical measures that should be considered in the current economic environment.Read more 4 min read 31 Jul 2023 Boodle Hatfield achieves best financial results in its 300 year history
Boodle Hatfield, a leading private wealth and real estate law firm, continued its trajectory of profitable growth by announcing today that fee income during the 2022-23 financial year rose from £30.7m to £32.5m, reflecting a 5.8% year on year increase. These financial results come as the firm closes its 300th year in business – making this the best year on record.Read more 3 min read 15 Jun 2023 Boodle Hatfield welcomes leading Tax Partner, Andrew Loan
Andrea Zavos, Senior Partner says: “Andrew is a fantastic practitioner and we are delighted to welcome him to Boodle Hatfield. His arrival marks the firm’s third lateral hire this year and our fourth addition to the partnership following this year’s partner promotion. This growth reflects our continued commitment to build and invest in our key service lines. Our focus remains on meeting the ever-changing needs of our dynamic client base and providing the very best quality legal advice.”