Hugo is an enthusiastic adviser to entrepreneurs and their businesses and provides clients with practical commercial advice.
His clients range from fast growing start-ups in the storage and technology sectors to established businesses and funds.
Hugo’s experience includes:
- Advising a client on a highly negotiated separation from his long-standing business partner;
- Advising various clients on the purchase and sale of large residential properties held in corporate wrappers;
- Providing ongoing corporate and commercial advice to an online clothing business;
- Assisting with the sale of a significant recruitment business;
- Advising a range of clients on their financing arrangements, acting for lenders and borrowers, in particular in the hotels market;
- Advising on the establishment of property and other investment funds; and
- Preparation and establishment of a farming partnership for a landed estate.
Hugo previously ran a baking website that reached over two million people in his final year at university. He remains a keen supporter of those developing websites and building start-ups.
Education & Qualification
University of Durham
Qualified as a solicitor in 2020 and trained with Boodle Hatfield
Recommended by Hugo
The Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act 2022 requires overseas companies or entities owning or purchasing UK property to list their details on a public register. With this deadline fast approaching, Partner, Rahul Thakrar sets the pitfalls and issues that may arise for lenders and detail the actions that can be taken ahead of 31 January 2023.Read more 2 min read 12 Oct 2022 Boodle Hatfield continues growth in 300th anniversary year with hire of Richard Elliott
Leading corporate and private capital partner Richard Elliott has joined Boodle Hatfield from Ince.Read more 6 min read 03 Oct 2022 When love gets in the way of business: how to advise family businesses in protecting themselves from divorce
Divorce is renowned for being one of the most stressful life events that an individual can face. When a divorce involves a family business, this stress is often magnified given that it can result in other family members becoming embroiled in proceedings. Family Partner, Katie O’Callaghan explains how family businesses can protect themselves in IFA Magazine.
Read more 8 min read 29 Sep 2022 Preparing Term Sheets: What is current market practice?
Corporate & Commercial Associate, Hugo Brown looks at the current market practice in relation to preparing Term Sheets.Read more