International Wealth Planning
“The individuals are very forward-looking; they are excellent”
Global Chambers 2020
We act for many internationally mobile individuals who have assets in multiple jurisdictions. We are highly experienced in setting up effective international structures to hold those assets.
We advise on the creation, administration and termination of offshore trusts including the selection of an appropriate jurisdiction. We address the possibilities for the protection of assets internationally from both political risk and confiscation. We help clients on issues of domicile and residence, acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property and we are highly experienced in establishing family offices to help manage large families and families with substantial wealth.
We are highly reputed for the international work that we undertake from our offices in London. We have a team who advise on the complexities of US / UK estate planning, a market-leading Middle East advisory team with expertise in Sharia law and in-depth knowledge of offshore territories and the key European and global financial centres.
How we help
- Estate planning – We organise will and estate planning strategies for multi-jurisdictional estates and families
- Financial structuring – We have a wealth of experience in the structuring of tax-efficient acquisition, retention and sale of real estate, portfolio investments and trading or investment businesses
- Offshore structures – We manage the creation, administration and use of offshore trusts, companies, partnerships, foundations and other appropriate entities
- Tax advice – We provide domicile and residence advice to clients coming to, living in, or leaving the UK
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – We advise on all aspects of this increasingly common means of protecting inherited, pre-marital, family business or trust assets in the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership
- Working with other jurisdictions – We always coordinate our advice with that received in other jurisdictions where our clients have a connection, and can advise on associated conflicts of law and private international law issues. We have a strong network of professionals around the world and are renowned for working closely with our clients’ international teams of advisers.
“The team really understands our business and our values. It is a very personal experience, the team is approachable and responsive”
Legal 500 2020
“Very strong firm is noted by market insiders for its very good private client reputation”
Global Chambers 2019
While the perception of the pitfalls of US/UK tax planning has improved since this article was first written in 2011, there remains one series of pitfalls which is often overlooked.Read more 18 min read 04 Jan 2021 The GDPR for English law trusts and estates
We live in an increasingly regulated world and data protection is an area of more extensive compliance since the introduction of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation in May 2018.Read more 4 min read 18 Dec 2020 What can be done where trustees or personal representatives have made a mistake?
In a recent STEP article Private Wealth Partner, Mark Lindley outlines what can be done when a trustee or personal representative makes a mistake and the possible legal remedies.Read more 5 min read 24 Nov 2020 CGT Review
In July, the Chancellor commissioned the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) to carry out a review of Capital Gains Tax.Read more