International Wealth Planning
“The individuals are very forward-looking; they are excellent”
Global Chambers 2020
We act for many internationally mobile individuals who have assets in multiple jurisdictions. We are highly experienced in setting up effective international structures to hold those assets.
We advise on the creation, administration and termination of offshore trusts including the selection of an appropriate jurisdiction. We address the possibilities for the protection of assets internationally from both political risk and confiscation. We help clients on issues of domicile and residence, acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property and we are highly experienced in establishing family offices to help manage large families and families with substantial wealth.
We are highly reputed for the international work that we undertake from our offices in London. We have a team who advise on the complexities of US / UK estate planning, a market-leading Middle East advisory team with expertise in Sharia law and in-depth knowledge of offshore territories and the key European and global financial centres.
How we help
- Estate planning – We organise will and estate planning strategies for multi-jurisdictional estates and families
- Financial structuring – We have a wealth of experience in the structuring of tax-efficient acquisition, retention and sale of real estate, portfolio investments and trading or investment businesses
- Offshore structures – We manage the creation, administration and use of offshore trusts, companies, partnerships, foundations and other appropriate entities
- Tax advice – We provide domicile and residence advice to clients coming to, living in, or leaving the UK
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – We advise on all aspects of this increasingly common means of protecting inherited, pre-marital, family business or trust assets in the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership
- Working with other jurisdictions – We always coordinate our advice with that received in other jurisdictions where our clients have a connection, and can advise on associated conflicts of law and private international law issues. We have a strong network of professionals around the world and are renowned for working closely with our clients’ international teams of advisers.
“The team really understands our business and our values. It is a very personal experience, the team is approachable and responsive”
Legal 500 2020
“Very strong firm is noted by market insiders for its very good private client reputation”
Global Chambers 2019
In a recent article in Transmission Private, Private Wealth Partner, Natasha Hassall talks about the challenges and opportunities landowners face when commercialising their landed estate.Read more 3 min read 29 Mar 2021 Tax day 2021: the key announcements
In a recent article in the Tax Journal, Private Wealth Partner, Sue Laing highlights some key takeaways from the recent tax updates.Read more 3 min read 26 Mar 2021 Family Business: The third pillar of the UK economy
The Family Business report looks in greater depth at Britain’s Top 100 family businesses, looking at who they are, and how they are built. We reflect on how Britain can ensure these entities remain strong contributors to economic growth as we look ahead, following the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.Read more 3 min read 23 Mar 2021 IHT regime is outdated and in serious need of an overhaul
Private Wealth Partner, Kyra Motley appears on the FTAdviser In Focus podcast alongside Edward Grant, Director at St James’s Place and Nick Bird, Business Development Manager for Octopus Investment to discuss how inheritance tax (IHT) planning is in desperate need of an overhaul.Read more