International Wealth Planning
“What I appreciate is that they have a lot of knowledge and a true understanding of cross-border issues”
Chambers HNW 2021
We act for many internationally mobile individuals who have assets in multiple jurisdictions. We are highly experienced in setting up effective international structures to hold those assets.
We advise on the creation, administration and termination of offshore trusts including the selection of an appropriate jurisdiction. We help clients on issues of domicile and residence, acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property and we are highly experienced in establishing family offices to help manage large families and families with substantial wealth.
How we help
- Estate planning – We organise will and estate planning strategies for multi-jurisdictional estates and families
- Financial structuring – We have a wealth of experience in the structuring of tax-efficient acquisition, retention and sale of real estate, portfolio investments and trading or investment businesses
- Offshore structures – We manage the creation, administration and use of offshore trusts, companies, partnerships, foundations and other appropriate entities
- Tax advice – We provide domicile and residence advice to clients coming to, living in, or leaving the UK
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – We advise on all aspects of this increasingly common means of preserving inherited, pre-marital, family business or trust assets in the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership
- Working with other jurisdictions – We always coordinate our advice with that received in other jurisdictions where our clients have a connection, and can advise on associated conflicts of law and private international law issues. We have a strong network of professionals around the world and are renowned for working closely with our clients’ international teams of advisers.
“Boodle Hatfield is absolutely first rate in the private client practice in general, with deep experience and expertise in complex, multi-jurisdictional planning and litigation”
Legal 500 2023
“We like working with them as they handle incredibly complex matters incredibly well”
Chambers HNW 2021
We are delighted that Private Wealth Partner, Clare Stirzaker will be joining Family Business UK for their Governance Masterclass on 29 November.Read more 4 min read 14 Nov 2023 60-second interview with Kyra Motley TEP
Private Wealth Partner, Kyra Motley speaks to STEP about what it means to have won the International Team of the Year Award in 2023.Read more 5 min read 14 Nov 2023 The Lessons in Legacy Podcast, Philanthropy Edition, In Conversation with Ben Morton Wright
In the third episode of ‘The Philanthropy Edition’ Alberto Lidji and Clare Stirzaker are joined by Ben Morton Wright, the founder, president and group CEO of Global Philanthropic. Together Alberto, Ben and Clare look at the importance of philanthropists considering the impact of their giving, the power of innovative thinking with charitable strategies and how we can encourage the giving dial to move.Read more 2 min read 06 Nov 2023 Clare Stirzaker to present on ‘Family Governance’ at the STEP Arabia conference
Private Wealth Partner, Clare Stirzaker will take to the stage at the STEP Arabia conference on 6 November at Habtoor Palace, Dubai.Read more