International Wealth Planning
“What I appreciate is that they have a lot of knowledge and a true understanding of cross-border issues”
Chambers HNW 2021
We act for many internationally mobile individuals who have assets in multiple jurisdictions. We are highly experienced in setting up effective international structures to hold those assets.
We advise on the creation, administration and termination of offshore trusts including the selection of an appropriate jurisdiction. We help clients on issues of domicile and residence, acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property and we are highly experienced in establishing family offices to help manage large families and families with substantial wealth.
How we help
- Estate planning – We organise will and estate planning strategies for multi-jurisdictional estates and families
- Financial structuring – We have a wealth of experience in the structuring of tax-efficient acquisition, retention and sale of real estate, portfolio investments and trading or investment businesses
- Offshore structures – We manage the creation, administration and use of offshore trusts, companies, partnerships, foundations and other appropriate entities
- Tax advice – We provide domicile and residence advice to clients coming to, living in, or leaving the UK
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – We advise on all aspects of this increasingly common means of preserving inherited, pre-marital, family business or trust assets in the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership
- Working with other jurisdictions – We always coordinate our advice with that received in other jurisdictions where our clients have a connection, and can advise on associated conflicts of law and private international law issues. We have a strong network of professionals around the world and are renowned for working closely with our clients’ international teams of advisers.
“We like working with them as they handle incredibly complex matters incredibly well”
Chambers HNW 2021
“The individuals are very forward-looking; they are excellent”
Chambers Global 2020
Boodle Hatfield’s ‘highly respected’ ‘standout’ Private Wealth team have been elevated to tier one in the ‘Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate’ category of the 2023 guide. The firm is also delighted to report that as well as being uplifted, it has retained its top tier status in six other categories, affirming its position as one of London’s leading law firms.Read more 5 min read 26 Sep 2022 170 family foundations set up in the UK in the past decade by HNWs
Private Wealth Partners, Clare Stirzaker and Kyra Motley reflect on the rise in family foundations set up in the last decade, reflecting the changing attitudes towards wealth and growing focus on ‘giving back’ to society to help deal with major geopolitical issues such as combatting climate change.Read more 3 min read 23 Sep 2022 The taxation of UK residential property: What has changed today?
Earlier today, the recently appointed Chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng announced changes to the stamp duty land tax (‘SDLT’) payable in England and Wales on residential property as part of his statement on the governments new Growth Plan. Senior Partner, Sara Maccallum outlines the changes.
Read more 3 min read 05 Sep 2022 Rising star duo listed in ePrivateClient’s Top 35 under 35 2022
We are delighted to announce that Private Wealth Senior Associate, James Woods-Davison and Family Associate, Katie Male have been shortlisted in the 2022 ePrivateClient’s top 35 under 35.Read more