International Wealth Planning
“What I appreciate is that they have a lot of knowledge and a true understanding of cross-border issues”
Chambers HNW 2021
We act for many internationally mobile individuals who have assets in multiple jurisdictions. We are highly experienced in setting up effective international structures to hold those assets.
We advise on the creation, administration and termination of offshore trusts including the selection of an appropriate jurisdiction. We help clients on issues of domicile and residence, acquisition and disposal of UK residential and commercial property and we are highly experienced in establishing family offices to help manage large families and families with substantial wealth.
How we help
- Estate planning – We organise will and estate planning strategies for multi-jurisdictional estates and families
- Financial structuring – We have a wealth of experience in the structuring of tax-efficient acquisition, retention and sale of real estate, portfolio investments and trading or investment businesses
- Offshore structures – We manage the creation, administration and use of offshore trusts, companies, partnerships, foundations and other appropriate entities
- Tax advice – We provide domicile and residence advice to clients coming to, living in, or leaving the UK
- Pre and post nuptial agreements – We advise on all aspects of this increasingly common means of preserving inherited, pre-marital, family business or trust assets in the event of divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership
- Working with other jurisdictions – We always coordinate our advice with that received in other jurisdictions where our clients have a connection, and can advise on associated conflicts of law and private international law issues. We have a strong network of professionals around the world and are renowned for working closely with our clients’ international teams of advisers.
“We like working with them as they handle incredibly complex matters incredibly well”
Chambers HNW 2021
“The individuals are very forward-looking; they are excellent”
Chambers Global 2020
We are delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted for four categories in the STEP Private Client Awards.Read more 4 min read 21 Jun 2022 Can I claim back tax on digital losses?
In the Financial Times, Private Wealth Partner, Geoffrey Todd considers the fluctuations in the value of your cryptoassets and whether investors who have made significant losses should claim tax relief.Read more 5 min read 15 Jun 2022 UK’s Top 100 family businesses stay strong through pandemic – turnover drops just 4% compared to UK average of 11%
In The Times, Private Wealth Partner, Hayden Bailey comments on how the top 100 family-owned businesses stay strong through pandemic compared to all UK businesses.Read more 2 min read 15 May 2022 Fresh Perspectives Contentious Trusts Conference 2022
Partner and Head of Private Wealth, Andrea Zavos is co-hosting the fourth Fresh Perspectives Contentious Trusts Conference on May 15 – 16. Senior Associate, James Woods-Davison, will be joining Andrea in Barcelona for the conference.Read more