Successful entrepreneurs often want to support younger entrepreneurs and their businesses, both through direct investment and by adding value through mentoring.
We also regularly work with VC funds on larger investments. We are alive to market trends and we aim to provide prompt, commercial advice to ensure you achieve your goals, whatever stage of the business lifecycle you find yourself in, and look to maximise the value, manage the risks and deliver you the best possible result.
We can also advise of the tax risks that are associated with investing and how to extract profits efficiently.
We can advise you on:
- Subscription and Investment Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Articles of Association
- Advanced Subscription Agreements
- Investor Rights
- Tax Reliefs and Incentives
“Strong commercial awareness with hands-on approach”
Legal 500 UK
Some examples of the teams work include:
- Multiple deals for venture arm of a large multinational sports company.
- Multimillion pound investment for US family office into IT infrastructure business.
- Advising a leading US tech entrepreneur on his relocation to the UK, structuring his incentivisation arrangements having regard to UK and US tax considerations dealing with renouncing his US citizenship, providing pre-immigration tax advice and structuring his investment portfolio to make provision for his children resident in different jurisdictions.
- Advising a non-domiciled UK resident entrepreneur on their successful medical research business, particularly on the interaction of UK and overseas tax systems and how to extract profits tax efficiently.
- Assisting a UK born US national who wanted to settle part of his holding of shares in a tech start up into trust in conjunction with a US advisor.
Our market leading experts are on hand to guide you through all stages of the business lifecycle on everything from to establishing to protecting a business.