Corporate Banking & Finance
“Offer huge efficiency, insight and value”
Legal 500 2020
We are adept in providing transactional advice on a plethora of banking and finance matters.
Whether you are lending or borrowing, our experience covers all aspects of banking regulations and capital deployment.
We advise on all aspects of financing domestic and cross-border leveraged buy-outs, corporate acquisitions and public takeovers.
General corporate lending
We advise on all aspects of businesses’ debt financing needs, including syndicated and bilateral term loans, revolving credit facilities, overdrafts, letters of credit and ancillary facilities.
Debt sales and purchases
The banking and finance team has a great deal of experience advising clients on the sale and purchase of debt interests, including secondary trading of syndicated loans and securitised notes, and the evaluation and execution for clients of loan-to-own strategies.
Restructuring and insolvency
We provide expert advice on solvent and insolvent restructurings and insolvency processes.
Our banking and finance team advises lenders and borrowers on this increasingly popular form of financing secured on stock and receivables.
Members of our team have advised issuers on the structuring and operation of structured financings and on the intercreditor issues arising between holders of classes of note.
We regularly act for banks, alternative lenders, property companies, funds and institutions on a variety of real estate financing matters in both the residential and commercial property sectors.
- Advising Lloyds Bank on working capital facilities secured on a fine art dealer’s stock of fine art
- Advising a consumer electronics company on the UK aspects of its financing from a US asset-based lender
- Advising a high street loan company on its working capital facilities from Silicon Valley Bank and Kreos
- Advising Codemasters on various debt financings
- Advising a UK manufacturer on its working capital facilities provided by RBS
- Advising Lloyds Bank on its financing of the acquisition of a Dutch business by a trade purchaser
- Advising several US investment banks on distressed debt sales and acquisitions
- Advising a purchaser of junior tranches of notes in a property securitisation in furtherance of a loan-to-own strategy
“Commerciality is strong and they fully appreciate the commercial context in which they are working”
Chambers UK 2017
Corporate Associate, Hilary Wilkinson, looks at the things to consider when lending money to friends and family.Read more 4 min read 14 Jul 2021 The Tusk Lion Trail 2021
Boodle Hatfield is thrilled to be supporting the Tusk Trust – a British non-profit organisation set up in 1990 to advance wildlife conservation across Africa, in their 2021 Lion Trail.Read more 3 min read 01 Jul 2021 Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) – what are the legal issues?
Fred Clark and Satjivan Aujla, Associates at Boodle Hatfield LLP and Emily Gould, Senior Researcher at the Institute of Art and Law, set out the main legal considerations relevant to NFTs, including copyright, SMART contracts, money laundering, estate and succession planning and taxation.Read more 4 min read 20 May 2021 Life after Serviced Offices – the legal implications of ‘Offices As A Service’
Serviced offices have been all the rage for years now; consider WeWork, Regus and countless others. But Covid has exposed some key shortcomings.Read more