Corporate Banking & Finance
“Offer huge efficiency, insight and value”
Legal 500 2020
We are adept in providing transactional advice on a plethora of banking and finance matters.
Whether you are lending or borrowing, our experience covers all aspects of banking regulations and capital deployment.
We advise on all aspects of financing domestic and cross-border leveraged buy-outs, corporate acquisitions and public takeovers.
General corporate lending
We advise on all aspects of businesses’ debt financing needs, including syndicated and bilateral term loans, revolving credit facilities, overdrafts, letters of credit and ancillary facilities.
Debt sales and purchases
The banking and finance team has a great deal of experience advising clients on the sale and purchase of debt interests, including secondary trading of syndicated loans and securitised notes, and the evaluation and execution for clients of loan-to-own strategies.
Restructuring and insolvency
We provide expert advice on solvent and insolvent restructurings and insolvency processes.
Our banking and finance team advises lenders and borrowers on this increasingly popular form of financing secured on stock and receivables.
Members of our team have advised issuers on the structuring and operation of structured financings and on the intercreditor issues arising between holders of classes of note.
We regularly act for banks, alternative lenders, property companies, funds and institutions on a variety of real estate financing matters in both the residential and commercial property sectors.
- Advising Lloyds Bank on working capital facilities secured on a fine art dealer’s stock of fine art
- Advising a consumer electronics company on the UK aspects of its financing from a US asset-based lender
- Advising a high street loan company on its working capital facilities from Silicon Valley Bank and Kreos
- Advising Codemasters on various debt financings
- Advising a UK manufacturer on its working capital facilities provided by RBS
- Advising Lloyds Bank on its financing of the acquisition of a Dutch business by a trade purchaser
- Advising several US investment banks on distressed debt sales and acquisitions
- Advising a purchaser of junior tranches of notes in a property securitisation in furtherance of a loan-to-own strategy
“Commerciality is strong and they fully appreciate the commercial context in which they are working”
Chambers UK 2017
The Family Business report looks in greater depth at Britain’s Top 100 family businesses, looking at who they are, and how they are built. We reflect on how Britain can ensure these entities remain strong contributors to economic growth as we look ahead, following the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.Read more 5 min read 22 Mar 2021 Exits: six things you need to think about
Charlie Hewlett and Hugo Brown of Boodle Hatfield and James Heath of PwC Raise | Ventures highlight six points that are often overlooked or not given enough consideration prior to an exit.Read more 6 min read 08 Mar 2021 International Women’s Day 2021
Boodle Hatfield is delighted to celebrate International Women’s Day. As a firm, we are fully committed to maintaining a working environment in which all people can excel and have a philosophy of an inclusive and supportive culture to enable this.
Read more 5 min read 04 Mar 2021 UK Listings Rules: How do you catch a unicorn?
The UK listing rules are currently in the spotlight, with the Government keen to make London a more attractive place for listings.Read more