Corporate Banking & Finance
“Offer huge efficiency, insight and value”
Legal 500 2020
We are adept in providing transactional advice on a plethora of banking and finance matters.
Whether you are lending or borrowing, our experience covers all aspects of banking regulations and capital deployment.
We advise on all aspects of financing domestic and cross-border leveraged buy-outs, corporate acquisitions and public takeovers.
General corporate lending
We advise on all aspects of businesses’ debt financing needs, including syndicated and bilateral term loans, revolving credit facilities, overdrafts, letters of credit and ancillary facilities.
Debt sales and purchases
The banking and finance team has a great deal of experience advising clients on the sale and purchase of debt interests, including secondary trading of syndicated loans and securitised notes, and the evaluation and execution for clients of loan-to-own strategies.
Restructuring and insolvency
We provide expert advice on solvent and insolvent restructurings and insolvency processes.
Our banking and finance team advises lenders and borrowers on this increasingly popular form of financing secured on stock and receivables.
Members of our team have advised issuers on the structuring and operation of structured financings and on the intercreditor issues arising between holders of classes of note.
We regularly act for banks, alternative lenders, property companies, funds and institutions on a variety of real estate financing matters in both the residential and commercial property sectors.
- Advising Lloyds Bank on working capital facilities secured on a fine art dealer’s stock of fine art
- Advising a consumer electronics company on the UK aspects of its financing from a US asset-based lender
- Advising a high street loan company on its working capital facilities from Silicon Valley Bank and Kreos
- Advising Codemasters on various debt financings
- Advising a UK manufacturer on its working capital facilities provided by RBS
- Advising Lloyds Bank on its financing of the acquisition of a Dutch business by a trade purchaser
- Advising several US investment banks on distressed debt sales and acquisitions
- Advising a purchaser of junior tranches of notes in a property securitisation in furtherance of a loan-to-own strategy
“Commerciality is strong and they fully appreciate the commercial context in which they are working”
Chambers UK 2017
PropTech is the technology that enables the Hub & Spoke Model; Flex Space; and Desks for Hire. It facilitates the better use and management of property.Read more 8 min read 05 May 2021 Part One: The Rat Race – on the final straight?
As lockdown eases, attentions are again turning to the office. Huge questions remain about what “the return” is going to look and feel like.Read more 4 min read 04 May 2021 Value of private equity deals by HNWs jumps six-fold, from £132m to £958m during the pandemic
Private Wealth Partner, Kyra Motely reflects on how depressed valuations at the start of the COVID crisis have proved to be a once in decade opportunity for HNW investors.Read more 5 min read 22 Apr 2021 Early stage investments: the impact of Covid on term sheets & availability of equity funding
From looking at the headlines, there is a case for saying that the UK’s start up ecosystem was one of the few beneficiaries of the Covid pandemic.Read more