Lessons in Legacy: Pride in Philanthropy
In celebrating Boodle Hatfield's 300 year anniversary we had time to pause and reflect on the concept of legacy both from our own and our clients' perspective.
What is clear from our research with the private wealth market, is that legacy is no longer just about wealth preservation. Wealth holders are increasingly seeing philanthropy as a core part of their legacy. It delivers greater environmental and societal impact, creates a broader sense of purpose around their wealth, and encourages pride in the footprint they leave behind.
However, whilst there has been a growth in interest in philanthropy, the level of giving in the UK is not where it should be despite it being needed more than ever against the backdrop of climate change, wars, and growing wealth inequality.
Hosted by Private Wealth Partner, Clare Stirzaker, we will discuss:
- Why is it important for philanthropists to consider the impact of their philanthropic initiatives?
- Are family charitable Foundations merely another luxury asset?
- How does the concept of legacy impact philanthropic initiatives?
- How do we significantly move the needle on philanthropic giving?
- How can our philanthropists become more innovative in their giving approach?
- Is philanthropy too much of a distraction from the important purpose of tax; and how can our tax system continue to facilitate greater philanthropy?
- Dr Beth Breeze OBE, Director of the Centre for Philanthropy, University of Kent
Derek Bardowell. CEO of Ten Years’ Time and Knowledge Equity Fellow at the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Ben Morton-Wright, founder, president and group CEO of Global Philanthropic
- Jake Hayman, Co-founder & Senior Advisor at the Good Ancestor Movement
- Sarah Woolnough, Chief Executive at Asthma And Lung UK
- Chair: Alberto Lidji, ex-CEO of Novak Djokovic Foundation, Visiting Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School & Founder of “The Do One Better” Knowledge Hub and Podcast.
Read more about the event here.