Simon is head of employment and advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, often across European and international jurisdictions.
He has extensive experience of:
- Representing senior executives and investment professionals on sensitive and high-stakes matters, including on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Advising corporates, financial services institutions and family offices on employment and employment regulatory issues, investigations, multi-jurisdictional re-organisations, whistleblowing, discrimination, grievances, dismissals and defending claims
- Advising family businesses on UK and international employment law issues
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions (with a particular emphasis on the application of TUPE), as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs
- Advising on protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Bringing and defending employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Simon previously worked in the employment department of an international law firm and has spent time on secondment at in-house legal and HR teams at an international bank and at a global professional services firm.
Employment Lawyers Association
European Employment Lawyers Association
Education & Qualification
University of York
Qualified as a solicitor in 2007
Recommended by Simon
It may not be the most pressing concern for many employees as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc.Read more 3 min read 26 Mar 2021 Family Business: The third pillar of the UK economy
The Family Business report looks in greater depth at Britain’s Top 100 family businesses, looking at who they are, and how they are built. We reflect on how Britain can ensure these entities remain strong contributors to economic growth as we look ahead, following the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.Read more 5 min read 22 Mar 2021 Exits: six things you need to think about
Charlie Hewlett and Hugo Brown of Boodle Hatfield and James Heath of PwC Raise | Ventures highlight six points that are often overlooked or not given enough consideration prior to an exit.Read more 6 min read 08 Mar 2021 International Women’s Day 2021
Boodle Hatfield is delighted to celebrate International Women’s Day. As a firm, we are fully committed to maintaining a working environment in which all people can excel and have a philosophy of an inclusive and supportive culture to enable this.