Simon is head of employment and advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, often across European and international jurisdictions.
He has extensive experience of:
- Representing senior executives and investment professionals on sensitive and high-stakes matters, including on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Advising corporates, financial services institutions and family offices on employment and employment regulatory issues, investigations, multi-jurisdictional re-organisations, whistleblowing, discrimination, grievances, dismissals and defending claims
- Advising family businesses on UK and international employment law issues
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions (with a particular emphasis on the application of TUPE), as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs
- Advising on protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Bringing and defending employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court
Simon previously worked in the employment department of an international law firm and has spent time on secondment at in-house legal and HR teams at an international bank and at a global professional services firm.
In 2022, Simon was appointed as a trustee to the Dame Vera Lynn Memorial Statute charity.
Employment Lawyers Association
European Employment Lawyers Association
Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Education & Qualification
University of York
Qualified as a solicitor in 2007
Recommended by Simon
Boodle Hatfield has today published a comprehensive legal guide to help family businesses manage the fallout of divorce. Written by Partner, Katie O’Callaghan the book – A Legacy Intact: safeguarding your family business in the event of divorce, will be distributed and made available online today, as part of the firm’s series of 300-year anniversary initiatives.Read more 5 min read 29 Jul 2022 Family Business & Divorce: Understanding the employment considerations
When a marriage at the heart of a family-owned business breaks down, the consequences can be far reaching, especially when one or both spouses have been working for the firm. Simon Gorham, Boodle Hatfield partner in the employment team discusses how the long term impact on individuals and business can be minimised.Read more 6 min read 15 Feb 2022 Senior executives: towards a new world of work?
In Personnel Today, Employment Partner, Simon Gorham reflects on how Senior executives looking to move jobs need to think long and hard about contractual provisions as a new era dawns.Read more 3 min read 18 Sep 2023 Boodle Hatfield advises Showpiece.com on the sale of shares in Banksy’s Valentine’s Day Mascara mural
Boodle Hatfield has advised online fractional ownership collectibles marketplace Showpiece.com, on the sale of shares in Banksy’s iconic Valentine’s Day Mascara mural in Margate, which has been valued at £6 million.Read more