Simon is head of employment and advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, often across European and international jurisdictions.
He has extensive experience of:
- Representing senior executives and investment professionals on sensitive and high-stakes matters, including on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Advising corporates, financial services institutions and family offices on employment and employment regulatory issues, investigations, multi-jurisdictional re-organisations, whistleblowing, discrimination, grievances, dismissals and defending claims
- Advising family businesses on UK and international employment law issues
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions (with a particular emphasis on the application of TUPE), as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs
- Advising on protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Bringing and defending employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Simon previously worked in the employment department of an international law firm and has spent time on secondment at in-house legal and HR teams at an international bank and at a global professional services firm.
Employment Lawyers Association
European Employment Lawyers Association
Education & Qualification
University of York
Qualified as a solicitor in 2007
Recommended by Simon
It may not be the most pressing concern for many employees as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc.Read more 5 min read 04 Jan 2021 Becoming a B Corp – the legal implications
B Corporations (“B Corps”) are businesses that “meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose”.Read more 6 min read 14 Dec 2020 Entrepreneurs – 6 things to know about your first funding round
For many entrepreneurs completing their first round of funding is a well earned validation of the time and energy they have to put into their venture. Here are six things entrepreneurs should bear in mind.Read more 5 min read 12 Nov 2020 How do I start a business: Phase 1 – The Set Up
It is said that there are two barriers to entrepreneurship. The first is that many never actually do it. They discuss an idea…Read more