Simon is head of employment and advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, often across European and international jurisdictions.
He has extensive experience of:
- Representing senior executives and investment professionals on sensitive and high-stakes matters, including on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Advising corporates, financial services institutions and family offices on employment and employment regulatory issues, investigations, multi-jurisdictional re-organisations, whistleblowing, discrimination, grievances, dismissals and defending claims
- Advising family businesses on UK and international employment law issues
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions (with a particular emphasis on the application of TUPE), as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs
- Advising on protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Bringing and defending employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court.
Simon previously worked in the employment department of an international law firm and has spent time on secondment at in-house legal and HR teams at an international bank and at a global professional services firm.
Employment Lawyers Association
European Employment Lawyers Association
Education & Qualification
University of York
Qualified as a solicitor in 2007
Recommended by Simon
It may not be the most pressing concern for many employees as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc.Read more 4 min read 15 Jul 2021 Six things to consider before lending money to friends and family
Corporate Associate, Hilary Wilkinson, looks at the things to consider when lending money to friends and family.Read more 4 min read 14 Jul 2021 The Tusk Lion Trail 2021
Boodle Hatfield is thrilled to be supporting the Tusk Trust – a British non-profit organisation set up in 1990 to advance wildlife conservation across Africa, in their 2021 Lion Trail.Read more 3 min read 01 Jul 2021 Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) – what are the legal issues?
Fred Clark and Satjivan Aujla, Associates at Boodle Hatfield LLP and Emily Gould, Senior Researcher at the Institute of Art and Law, set out the main legal considerations relevant to NFTs, including copyright, SMART contracts, money laundering, estate and succession planning and taxation.Read more