Simon is head of employment and advises on the full range of employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious, often across European and international jurisdictions.
He has extensive experience of:
- Representing senior executives and investment professionals on sensitive and high-stakes matters, including on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Advising corporates, financial services institutions and family offices on employment and employment regulatory issues, investigations, multi-jurisdictional re-organisations, whistleblowing, discrimination, grievances, dismissals and defending claims
- Advising family businesses on UK and international employment law issues
- Advising on the employment aspects of a wide variety of private equity, M&A and outsourcing transactions (with a particular emphasis on the application of TUPE), as well as restructuring schemes and IPOs
- Advising on protecting confidential information and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Bringing and defending employment litigation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court
Simon previously worked in the employment department of an international law firm and has spent time on secondment at in-house legal and HR teams at an international bank and at a global professional services firm.
In 2022, Simon was appointed as a trustee to the Dame Vera Lynn Memorial Statute charity.
Employment Lawyers Association
European Employment Lawyers Association
Education & Qualification
University of York
Qualified as a solicitor in 2007
Recommended by Simon
In Personnel Today, Employment Partner, Simon Gorham reflects on how Senior executives looking to move jobs need to think long and hard about contractual provisions as a new era dawns.Read more 6 min read 22 Oct 2020 The impact of Covid-19 on senior executives’ contracts
It may not be the most pressing concern for many employees as the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc.Read more 3 min read 08 Jun 2022 Herrick Does That: Capital Investment in Hospitality in a Post-Covid World
Corporate and Commercial Partner, Rahul Thakrar is welcomed on to the ‘Herrick Does That’ podcast for an international conversation on Capital Investment in Hospitality in a Post-Covid World.Read more 4 min read 07 Jun 2022 Sharp increase in businesses transferring ownership to employees – 200% rise in the past two years
Senior Associate, Charlie Hewlett and Associate Hugo Brown highlight the threefold increase in the number of businesses transferring ownership to employees through Employee Ownership Trusts, showing how owners are increasingly waking up to the advantages of the model.Read more