“They act as a partner, not just a service provider”
Chambers UK 2020
By 2045 people aged 65 and over are projected to make up a quarter of the UK population with the proportion aged 85 and over doubling in size.
A combination of advances in medicine and technology has contributed to longer, healthier living and the country will require a variety of specialised housing stock to meet the needs of those entering the later stages of their lives.
At Boodle Hatfield, our extensive experience in all things real estate places us in a strong position to advise clients focusing on this sector.
We can offer support on:
- Acquisition – Helping you to acquire your ideal site for development or redevelopment and, where necessary, secure vacant possession
- Investment structures – Formulating bespoke and tax efficient, onshore and offshore, investment structures
- Financing – Ensuring you secure the best deals for financing your development
- Expanding – Advising on the acquisition of new properties or portfolios of properties
- Construction – Advising on all construction aspects of your project including the best procurement routes, building the project team and choosing the right contract
- Real estate litigation – Advising on all manner of disputes including securing vacant possession, Party Wall Act matters and rights of way
- Residential – Depending on your business model we can advise on lettings or unit sales.
- Commercial contracts – Advising on negotiating and managing contracts with service providers for your development
- Employment – Advising on contracts, TUPE, employment disputes and terminations.
“Collegiate and commercially minded team. Key strength is their strong finance background and understanding which means they can understand client needs. Nimble team who are quick to think and act”
Legal 500 2021
“They are efficient, clear-thinking and provide practical solutions to problems. Always responsive and inspire confidence”
Legal 500 2021
…but faster growth will soon be needed to meet demand.Read more 5 min read 08 Nov 2020 Senior Living FAQs: Office-to-residential permitted development rights
Whilst some senior living developments are classified as a C3 use class, this is not the case for all senior living developments.Read more 5 min read 08 Nov 2020 Senior Living FAQs: We have had an offer accepted on a site, what do we do next? Read more 3 min read 05 Nov 2020 Senior Living FAQs: Outsourcing management
We first need to identify what type of senior living accommodation you are developing.Read more