Boodle Hatfield strengthens real estate team with property finance partner
Adam Chamberlain joins the firm on 8th October from Shoosmiths where he was a partner in its property practice.
He brings to Boodle Hatfield considerable expertise in all aspects of financing the acquisition and development of real estate assets, with a particular emphasis on development finance, hotel finance and property finance involving private wealth. His clients include lenders, investors, developers, funds, family offices, student accommodation providers and hotel groups.
Commenting on his appointment Adam said “I am delighted to be joining Boodle Hatfield which is recognised in the market for its long-established and excellent property practice and its focus on leading urban estates, family offices, investors and developers”.
Commenting on his appointment, Simon Williams, partner and head of property at Boodle Hatfield said: “Adam is well-respected in the property market and brings a first class track record in managing complex property financing deals. He will be a real asset to the firm and our clients, and we look forward to the contributions he will bring.”
Adam has led on a number of high-profile funding deals in recent months including:
- Advising a family office on a £25m residential development facility from a London-based lender.
- Acting for private equity investors on the £50m funding on a landmark London hotel.
- Representing a joint venture developer on debt financing for a £240m residential scheme.
- Advising an international bank on a £40m refinancing of a London hotel.
- Acting for a private bank on the £52m refinancing of a private London hospital.
Sara Maccallum, Boodle Hatfield’s Senior Partner adds: “The firm continues to build and invest in our key areas through strategic hires and we are delighted to welcome Adam to our strong property team. Our focus remains on continuing to grow the firm by providing first class legal advice in our key markets of private wealth and property.”